Germany Tour Length Policy
In accordance with ALARACT 042/2019 - Change to overseas tour lengths for certain locations in Europe and Japan:
Unaccompanied tour lengths (24 months) for Soldiers assigned to locations in Europe and Japan will increase to 36 months.
All first-term and career Soldiers who have no dependents, are not married to other service members, and are on a PCS orders serve a 36 month tour.
5 Things to Get Started on Right Away
- Command Sponsorship. Ensure dependents are eligible for a fully-funded move overseas.
- Passports & Visas. Learn which travel documents are required before PCSing overseas.
- Hotel Reservations. On-post lodging is in short supply. Don’t wait for orders to reserve lodging!
- Overseas P.O. Box. Keep up-to-date with your mail by setting up your P.O. Box ahead of time.
- CYSS & School Registration. Be ahead of the class and start your CYSS and school packets now.
5 Things to Keep in Mind
- Storing & Shipping HHG. Learn to split your HHG into various shipments to get settled in sooner.
- Driving Overseas. Know what to expect when shipping your POV overseas.
- Electricity Overseas. Stay current on German vs. U.S. electricity.
- Traveling with Pets. Moving pets overseas is at your own expense, but we can help prepare you.
- Cell Phones & Staying in Touch. Learn about cell phones & staying in touch while overseas.