Passports & Visas

Passports & Visas

Once family members are approved for Command Sponsorship and Soldier’s PCS Orders includes each dependent’s name, immediately apply for a No-Fee Passport for each dependent.


No-Fee Passport

Prior to traveling, dependents who are U.S. citizens must apply for a No-Fee Passport at TMO or the Passport Office on post. Documents must be original or certified. (NonU.S. citizens must apply for a country of origin passport.) Bring:

  • Military ID Card & PCS Orders
  • ORB/ERB (newborn passports)
  • Soldier’s ID (back/front copy)
  • DS-11 or DS-82 (w/ passport)
  • Birth, Naturalization or Citizenship Certificate
  • Name Change Documents (Marriage/Divorce decrees)
  • 1 Recent Passport Photo
  • Current & Expired Passports
  • Both parents must be present or have a notarized DS-3053

Process can take 8 or more weeks.

Tourist Passport

With a U.S. Tourist Passport you are allowed to stay no more than 90 days in Germany. Tourist Passports are required for leisure travel outside of your host nation. Apply for a Tourist Passport prior to leaving the U.S. (apply off post).

NOTE: Use your No-Fee Passport + Visa to travel between your host nation & U.S. That’s what it’s for!

Visit for: