Passports & Visas
Once family members are approved for Command Sponsorship and Soldier’s PCS Orders includes each dependent’s name, immediately apply for a No-Fee Passport for each dependent.
Prior to traveling, dependents who are U.S. citizens must apply for a No-Fee Passport at TMO or the Passport Office on post. Documents must be original or certified. (NonU.S. citizens must apply for a country of origin passport.) Bring:
- Military ID Card & PCS Orders
- ORB/ERB (newborn passports)
- Soldier’s ID (back/front copy)
- DS-11 or DS-82 (w/ passport)
- Birth, Naturalization or Citizenship Certificate
- Name Change Documents (Marriage/Divorce decrees)
- 1 Recent Passport Photo
- Current & Expired Passports
- Both parents must be present or have a notarized DS-3053
Process can take 8 or more weeks.
With a U.S. Tourist Passport you are allowed to stay no more than 90 days in Germany. Tourist Passports are required for leisure travel outside of your host nation. Apply for a Tourist Passport prior to leaving the U.S. (apply off post).
NOTE: Use your No-Fee Passport + Visa to travel between your host nation & U.S. That’s what it’s for!
Visit www.travel.state.gov for: